Grilled Spicy & Tangy ChickenTuesday, September 13, 2016
Summertime, wintertime, spring or fall, grilling never stops around here. Over the years, I've owned several kinds of grills. Now that we live in a small apartment, we can't have an outdoor grill because we don't have a yard but there was no way I wouldn't have some way of grilling so we bought the George Foreman table top electric grill.
The taste of an electric grill isn't as good as gas, but it's still really good! This recipe can work even with a small grill and you can adjust for how many people you're serving or if you're just making this for yourself.
- Package of boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (or thighs if you prefer dark meat)
- 1 can frozen concentrated orange juice
- 1 can frozen concentrated lime-aid
- 1/2 jar chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 or 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Lemon pepper and kosher salt
Pour marinade over chicken before refrigerating overnight in sealed container. Dust with salt and pepper as desired. Turn several times before cooking chicken on grill. Grill for 45 minutes, basting chicken with sauce until it is thoroughly cooked through. Serve and enjoy. Add grilled corn on the cob to really make this meal stand out!
original picture courtesy of pixabay.com, altered by Kim McDougal.