What's in my Crochet Bag?Wednesday, September 14, 2016
If you've ever wondered what kinds of supplies and tools I carry in my crochet bag, here you go! I actually had to clean it out and get it more organized especially, because I take it out with me in case there's a moment on the road to work on a project.
And, I'm always looking for a break to crochet! This is what's in my bag:
- Tapestry needles - I keep these in a small zipper bag in various sizes. I use them for sewing and weaving in the ends of my work + if I'm doing any embroidery work. I have two types, the ones with and without closures.
- Crochet hooks sizes - I don't work with sizes smaller than H (5.0mm), so I usually have H - P in my bag and two of the hook size while working on a particular project.
- Tape measure - I use it to check gauge and to get a total measurement size if I'm listing the item for sale in my Etsy store.
- Embroidery thread - terrific for sewing buttons onto items. I usually just have black and white on hand. I'll bring a particular color if I'm using it on something.
- Clover Pom Pom makers - I have the large and small sizes for adding a pom pom to a scarf or bag.
- Stitch markers - I love these things! They help me remember where I begin when I'm working in the round. Plus, I use them if I have to count so many stitches to add handles to a purse.
- Yarn - of course yarn! Usually it's just the yarn I'm working with and maybe some xtra skeins if I need them.
- Pattern book - I write down patterns or print them and take with me, but only if I need to refer back to it while working. For the most part, I don't need to do that.
- My iPad - I need my portable computer with me in case I need to look up a video tutorial and/or to look at a picture of a completed pattern.
picture courtesy of pixabay.com