6 Tips to Get the New Year off to a Good StartSaturday, December 31, 2016
WOW! Where did the year go? Are you ready for 2017? I'm not big on New Year's resolutions, mainly because I never keep 'em! However, I do write down some of my plans for the next year.
My hubby and I always have our end of year business luncheon where we discuss our financials, best practices, and lessons we've learned from the activities and shows we did. Plus, we make plans for what future shows we want to appear in. And, we do it over lunch! After our meeting over a bowl of chili and cheese I feel ready for anything!
So, if you need a bit of help to get inspired, here's six of my tips:
- Were there plans you didn't get to? For example, maybe you didn't get to take that trip to England, or maybe you thought about trading in your car for a new one, but you never got around to it, then roll it over to next year. Having something to look forward to is exciting.
- Don't focus on the negative. All of us have disappointments, but try not to zone in on that. Instead, take the positive out any mistakes made and go forward.
- Sharpen your skills. If you own a business or blog, or do any kind of work, take some time to learn new software or do some reading into any new technologies coming out so you're up-to-date and prepared going into the new year.
- Spend quality off-time. This is a good time to visit with family and friends without deadlines, pending projects, or meetings to attend so you can re-charge.
- Go shopping. Not for gifting, but for yourself. Buy a new dress or a new pair of shoes. I like purchasing one piece of clothing every month to treat myself.
- Give your home a makeover. Every few months I like to change up rooms in our apartment. It's not big changes either. I'll rearrange the furniture to give the rooms a new look. I also like to change curtains, bedding, and even the wall hangings. This makes me feel like I'm living in a brand new place and it perks me up.
Going into a new year I find myself thinking of new opportunities and chances to make improvements in different areas of my life.
Any tips you have for getting ready for a new year? Share them in the comments below :)
Wishing you a Happy New Year!