Dealing with Daily AnxietyThursday, February 09, 2017
Every day I find new challenges and at times it really affects my nerves. I'm in a better place right now than a few months ago, but I'd be lying if I said what I've gone through hasn't taken a deep affect on me. However, I've learned so much about emotional and physical healing and how much they are tied together.
In fact, if I had everything in life that I wanted, it would never be enough, because we don't live in a perfect world.
It's so important to take care of ourselves and when we go through a trial to try not to let it have control over us. I know this is hard, we are emotional creatures...God made us this way. But He reminds us that He is here and always with us to turn to. That's what I'm doing every day...really taking time to spend with Him in prayer and reading the Bible. It's important to remember that He is my hope and not in just that my situation changes. In fact, if I had everything in life that I wanted, it would never be enough, because we don't live in a perfect world.
I'm not an expert in emotional healing, but I can tell you that I knew I was in trouble when I began to slowly withdraw from everything and everyone. I felt numb. It was like I was living on the outside watching myself. It was kind of scary and the first thing the enemy wanted me to do was not pray and try to handle it alone, but that's the worst thing to do. Happy to say, I didn't and little by little God is giving me the strength I need to recognize when I begin to panic and to remember His word.
These are a few scriptures that's my absolute go-to's right now: (all verses in are NKJV)
- Philippians 4:6-7 ~ Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 42:11 ~ Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.
- 1 Peter 5:7 ~ casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 ~ For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
- Psalm 9:10 ~ And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.
I also love to look and bible art scriptures online and I pulled some of my favorites. I hope you'll bookmark this post if you deal with fear and anxiety so you can be reminded that God loves you and wants you whole.
God bless you!