My April Goals (so far)Monday, April 03, 2017
I like to set goals for myself and plan everything from my weekly wardrobe to my daily to-dos. I must be weird but I like analyzing my growth and seeing improvements month to month. Not everyone is like me in this regard, but I do believe having goals is important. It keeps us reaching higher and gives us something to look forward to. I also like rewarding myself when I reach a really big goal like I might treat myself to my favorite dessert. Little rewards help me stay focused and on track.
I wasn't able to finish as much as I liked last month, but I have to admit I didn't spend a lot of time in my planner. I was focused on other stuff but yesterday I sat down with planner to map out some goals this month, most of which are blog-related. I've already begun implementing some of them so I'm super excited!
- New blog direction. I was getting stale looking at my blog layout. Oh I love the design, but my aim is that it's easy to find specific articles, fast loading, and functional. Also, I have other pages that are not getting clicked on because they're not advertised on the front page. My Instagram feed was at the very bottom and practically invisible so I moved it to the very top and I love the look and since I spend a lot more time posting, the feed gets updated daily.
- Social. I'm working on Pinterest and how to implement it more. I had to go back to their official widget code, because the one that came with this theme suddenly stopped working. I tweaked it a bit and put it just below the posts. What I haven't been doing is creating pins that link back to my blog (shame on me!) I've been reading a lot about how to increase blog traffic with Pinterest. I just have to make the time to create vertical pins and stick to a regular schedule.
- Improve blog content. This is an ongoing task. I do a lot of research and reading for inspiration. I also like to take some quiet time with my journal and just write down some ideas. My goal here is that I write about topics of interest and hopefully gain more readers.
- Better monthly newsletter. I feel like this is a really weak area, the last newsletter I put out seemed to "selly" (not a word), and when I went back to take a look at it, it kinda turned me off. I know how I dislike receiving an email newsletter that's more like a sales letter. So, I want to change that even if I talk about just one pattern I'm working on and that's it.
- Shop page. The front page needs a re-work as I want to put a featured products list
+more announcements. I know I need to advertise this site more on social. Selling myself isn't a strong suit.
- Use my planner more. I love my Happy Planner, but in the past couple of months I'd gotten away from writing in it everyday. Just lazy I guess...but yesterday when I was listing my April goals and putting different stickers in it, I fell in love with it all over again.
My personal goals:
- Get outside more. I have a tendency of being a home body too much. Exercise on a regular basis is what I need.
- Drink more water. I recently got a tip from a lady that suggested I try lime in my water to give me more of a desire for it.
- Take better care of my skin. I have really extra, extra dry skin so I constantly have to moisturize it. I'm looking for more ways to combat it.
- Get more sleep. I've been going to bed sooner so just need to keep that up!
I'm excited to see how I do and hopefully by next month, I'll have reached all my goals this month!